GearLight S1200 LED Flashlight - Product Resources & Troubleshooting
- If the flashlight flickers, works intermittently, changes modes automatically, appears dim or faded, or does not turn on, check and verify that:
- The tail cap is completely screwed in until you cannot turn it anymore. The flashlight will only power on when the tail cap is completely tightened.
- Each battery is fully inserted matching the polarity (+/-) on the battery holder.
- Each battery end is touching a metal contact in the battery holder.
- The battery holder contacts are clean and the springs are not bent sideways.
- The flashlight's inner spring is firmly attached and not bent.
- The battery holder is inserted into the flashlight with the positive (+) end first.
- The tail cap is twisted on tightly.
Firmly press the power button on and off several times:
- If the flashlight still does not turn on, replace the batteries.
- If the problem persists, contact GearLight for a replacement.
Inspect the flashlight monthly and carefully remove any damaged batteries and clean any corrosion. If the flashlight is used less than once a month, remove the batteries between uses. Lubricate all threads and rubber O-rings with petroleum jelly twice yearly.
- For instructions on how to clean corrosion on battery contacts, click here.